Thursday, April 24, 2008

Those shoes we wear...


I am just back from my favorite place to buy a wrap for lunch and now that I am in the privacy of my office, with the door shut... I can kick off my shoes! OHHHH - the price I pay for being stylish with the right clothes and the right shoes. My feet are killing me! Dang - they hurt! (That is said in true southern style)

But - today my shoes do indeed look very good today! Hot! They are purple-ish/blue, patent leather and very high heels. EVERYONE loves these shoes. I feel so classy and sheik walking down the hallway - clicking along at a pace that only Charles Gouch can stay with. The shoes make the outfit. It does however come at a cost. In between meetings and outings where I clickity - click down the hallway, I kick these things off my little feet and let them air out and have room to "be". I desire a foot massage right now. "honey"?!!

Let me also say that today I have cleavage. Foot cleavage. Sexy too. I look down at those squished little toes shoved into the narrowest part of the shoe and I see cleavage. Bob Dean says this is sexy and not allowed in Government offices. Umm... I will take cleavage in any way, shape or form.

Off to eat my wrap, wiggle my toes and assure them it is all worth it .

3 comments:

Mind Madam said...

Oh, the pain we women endure!! So funny! No wonder we women laugh often, long, and well at life. We are silly enough to endure pain just to be fashionable and laughter is medicine for the soul, if not for the feet.

Purple-ish/blue patent leather high heels! You have truly become southern!! Ha. Please promise me you won't do "big hair," too!!

Toe cleavage...yes, I agree, it does reek of sexiness. I don't know of any restrictions for me or my women colleagues, however. I'm wearing sandals today and noticing that my toes could use some polish....hmmm...thinking maybe something in shiny purple-ish/blue!! Yes. Definitely!

Enjoy your day, fashionista! May the feminine force be with you and with those aching feet!!

Love,
MM/DM

Yellow bobby pins said...

Aaah! What a wonderful story of the blue/purple shoe. So very proud of you!

Mind Madam said...

I love these shoes. Just take them off, pack them in a FedEx box, send them to me, and nobody gets hurt! ;-) Not even your toes!!!