Books....
They are full of words that give life, direction, encouragement, entertainment and a place to "go away".
I have only recently really embraced the gift of reading books. (thanks ya ya!)
I do not know why as a child I was not encouraged to read more. I wish I had been.
But, I was very busy playing outside... football with my brother, basketball with my brother and riding my mini bike around the 250 acres of land where I lived. Reading books and playing barbie dolls seemed so boring. Something my sister did... not me. Not enough "action"!
I know better now.
I have a pile of books today that are laying in front of me on the floor.
Calling them "my favorites".
It's good to have books laying at your feet that you can curl up with and become friends.
They require nothing from you. Only that you pick them up and read them. Read their words.
And you can put them down - stick them back on a shelf - share them with a friend - or give them away whenever you wish.
My books ... we are just beginning to share a special relationship.
1 comment:
Keep on reading!
Post a Comment