
So - I have thought for some time about writing these words about boobs...or you may call them breasts or "the girls". Mine are small. Very small, so you can imagine that I can have a lot to say about something that I have not been blessed with. Don't we always want what we do not have. I have often really wondered if the "boob" gene was accidentally over looked when I was being formed in my Mother's womb. But then that would mean I was not perfectly formed... and I was.
I often live my days walking through life and all I see are breasts walking towards me, starring at me. Well, some are perky and looking straight at me... others are sagging and in much need of support. They must tire of always looking down! Some... have not a hope of ever being put back in their "normal" place. There is too much of them. Even the best under wire, support bra just cannot keep them up! I have been told that small breasts are a benefit. My feet get clean in the shower... i can run fast without all that bouncing... clothes hang on me well. And I guess all of that is true.
Boobs... I am learning to accept them as a part of me and embrace my "smallness". They are cute... they are firm... they are perky...they will probably never sag. This is good! They do fit my athletic body which is really not that curvy, and very low in body fat. OK, this is good. Very good.
I read recently that a couple studies were done where women visualized their breasts under a warm blanket, and the end result was that they got larger boobs! Up to an inch and a half! I am working on my visualization... nothing has happened yet. Maybe I need a warmer blanket! I will let the world know if I go up in a bra size!
Boobs. I am accepting the fact that at 49 years of age I will probably not grow them any bigger. Although many friends in my life have told me that once I hit 40, things will change. I will gain weight, get fat and grow boobs. Not me. I am still lean and small.
A woman's breast. It is a sensual part of our bodies. It is a the natural place where you draw a loved one to as you give comfort. As a woman I love the feeling of drawing a friend close to my chest for comfort. I feel like I am giving Motherly love and that is a gift. I have not birthed a child.
I think I am still learning to love these boobs of mine. Slowly, I think I am really becoming okay with these "nearly A's". It is time.
Breasts, boobs, the girls.... they are a part of me and make me who I am. It's all okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment