Saturday, April 19, 2008

Morning chat in the rain

It started raining here this morning. It was suppose to not rain until the afternoon so it threw a wrench into my plans for the day. Regardless, I decided to head outside and weed and tend to my yard. I talked to my friend while weeding. That is the beauty of ear pieces and cell phones. You can talk any where... any time.
I love these unexpected chats with my friend. We go deep and talk feelings and are safe to say whatever is going on in our heart. There are no walls or rules. Just talk. Listening.
The rain is even welcoming, some what.
Watering the earth, my plants and bringing them refreshment.
We talk and our souls are refreshed and encouraged.
As I pull weeds that are choking out new growth in my plants,
my friend pulls up weeds from deep down in her heart that for years has choked out more life than she has ever realized. She is now feeling the pain from all that choking.
She draws close to that place where she is safe and lets the rain wash over her.
We both are breathing fresh air this morning.
We rest in being known.
We love and are loved.

1 comment:

Mind Madam said...

What a beautiful poem, full of the metaphors of nature that describe our own lives. Yes, weeding is hard; and as weeds will, they try to grow back. But each time, we catch them sooner and they are not as distressing to our "gardens." I love rain! Truly. And, I allow myself--at least in summer--to dance in the rain and get drenched. A very intimate experience. Love to you.