The memories made will be plastered on my mind and settled down in the very depths of my heart for a long time. I am blessed to have close girl friends, and to be a close girl friend to others.
Some thoughts on girl friends:
laughter comes easily;
Some thoughts on girl friends:
laughter comes easily;
tears can rise to the surface from deep crevasses in your heart with just a look;
being silly is very normal;
girl friends take care of each other
in all phases of life and emotional well being;
girl friends accept the hormonal swing of PMS, or peri-menopause - depending on where you are in your life cycle of woman-hood;
girl friends make allowances for passing gas, farts or poots - whatever name you choose for that activity;
girl friends drink good coffee and good wine with you, depending on the time of day;
girl friends love you through all your emotional junk and hang-ups;
they love you when you are unloveable,
they build you up;
they hold you;
they encourage you;
they talk straight to you when you need to hear the truth;
being silly is very normal;
girl friends take care of each other
in all phases of life and emotional well being;
girl friends accept the hormonal swing of PMS, or peri-menopause - depending on where you are in your life cycle of woman-hood;
girl friends make allowances for passing gas, farts or poots - whatever name you choose for that activity;
girl friends drink good coffee and good wine with you, depending on the time of day;
girl friends love you through all your emotional junk and hang-ups;
they love you when you are unloveable,
they build you up;
they hold you;
they encourage you;
they talk straight to you when you need to hear the truth;
girl friends can be older than you, or younger than you;
girl friends stay close by when you need them to,
and they give you space to let you grow;
girl friends stay close by when you need them to,
and they give you space to let you grow;
girl friends walk into your closet and make you throw things out that you should not be seen wearing;
girl friends love your husband, and they understand you really do not want to divorce him even though he is making you crazy;
girl friends cry when you cry;
girl friends hold your hand, when no one else will;
girl friends sacrifice their time and energy for you;
they teach you how to love unconditionally;
I can imagine life without a lot of things,
I cannot imagine life without my girl friends;
I can be "me" without having to explain myself.
I can imagine life without a lot of things,
I cannot imagine life without my girl friends;
I can be "me" without having to explain myself.
1 comment:
Hey, Girlfriend!
This is the best piece I have ever read about the girlfriend experience! I've copied it and sent it to my "goddess" girlfriends with whom I spent the week in Wells, ME. They agree wholeheartedly! You are an amazing writer; you know how to tap your heart and soul! Love to you. S.
Post a Comment