That is the official "birth" of my friendship with Dawnie.
We had lunch today on the porch - and it was sweet.
We lived much of our single years together, and now the season we are in is different.
Dawn has 2 little girls that are quickly growing up,
and rightfully so she spends most of her time with them...helping them grow up.
I miss Dawn.
I miss the depth of her soul in our normal conversations.
I miss how she always has the answers to my questions about most anything.
I have always told her that she would be my "phone a friend" if I was ever on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".
I miss seeing her laugh so hard she "poots".
I miss holding her hand when we pray.
Dawn is nordic.
I think I have taught her how to really hug.
Sometimes I have to remind her to hug me tightly.
I never have to remind her to know me.
She knows me very well.
She has seen me up, down, without makeup, throwing up sick, wired shut and swollen from jaw surgery, and she saw my need for counseling when I was holding on to a part of my life that I needed to give to God.
We walk closely even when we don't see each other.
That is a true friend.
I know she would be there for me in a moment's notice.
I would be there for her as well.
I think I keep her young.
I think I make her laugh.
I know I love her deeply.
We had lunch today on the porch - and it was sweet.
We lived much of our single years together, and now the season we are in is different.
Dawn has 2 little girls that are quickly growing up,
and rightfully so she spends most of her time with them...helping them grow up.
I miss Dawn.
I miss the depth of her soul in our normal conversations.
I miss how she always has the answers to my questions about most anything.
I have always told her that she would be my "phone a friend" if I was ever on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".
I miss seeing her laugh so hard she "poots".
I miss holding her hand when we pray.
Dawn is nordic.
I think I have taught her how to really hug.
Sometimes I have to remind her to hug me tightly.
I never have to remind her to know me.
She knows me very well.
She has seen me up, down, without makeup, throwing up sick, wired shut and swollen from jaw surgery, and she saw my need for counseling when I was holding on to a part of my life that I needed to give to God.
We walk closely even when we don't see each other.
That is a true friend.
I know she would be there for me in a moment's notice.
I would be there for her as well.
I think I keep her young.
I think I make her laugh.
I know I love her deeply.
1 comment:
And, she let you write a prayer for a husband on the bathroom wall before you covered it with wallpaper!
Post a Comment