Sunday, June 15, 2008

RoseAngela...

I have always loved music and listened to it
with my ears and my heart.
Music touches me deeply where nothing else reaches.
It is just how I am made. Music can take me to that place
where I feel like I will explode with emotion.
Music can make me weep.
I have experienced lots of different music over my years,
but I have to say that the music that really grabs my heart is music
that is sung by people who are spiritually in touch with their God and
have used the gift that He has given them to bless others.
There are the well known artists such as Sandi Patty, Jars of Clay
or Steven Curtis Chapman, and the well known artists to me
such as Susan Wells, Jean Sauer,
and RoseAngela.
Today it was RoseAngela who made me cry.
She sings at my church.
She opens her mouth and beautiful sounds gently,
yet powerfully come out of her. Her spirit sings.
She moves me and because of what she sings and how she sings it,
she causes me to look deep within myself and I see who I am
and I see who God wants me to be.
All in a moment.
I am changed.
I am weak.
I am strong.
I am encouraged.
I am loved.
I am me.
I am wanting to powerfully live this life I have.
I do not want to miss a thing.
I also want to hug RoseAngela.
She is a beauty. She is a gift.
Today she was used.
She was a vessel.
She was a sweet spirit refreshing my soul.

No comments: