Saturday, September 27, 2008

heart and brain dump

I am having one of those mornings when I just need to talk... dump if you will all that is whirling around in my head and pressing in hard on my heart. Why these moments seep into my days I do not know or understand. I just have come to accept that they do come and it is a part of me, and how I am made. When the whirling comes, I call my dear friend and talk and dump it all out. I often feel like a dump truck backing up to her lap, raising the truck bed and letting it go. When I do that it releases it's power and hold on me, and I can move again. And my friend does an amazing job of listening, loving, and not judging me. I am blessed.
Today, I dumped some good questions and thoughts:
1. My body image. Sigh...
2. What am I doing with my life. I want to touch lives. Am I?
3. When will I feel like I have a place of "community" with a group of people?
4. Cleaning my house. It always feels like such a chore. Do most women feel like that. I so could embrace a full time cleaning lady!
5. There is a lot going on at work right now. Do I have what it takes to do my job?
6. I am amazed at people who will not take one ounce of responsibility for their actions. Everyone else is always at fault.
7. Will we enjoy "church" tomorrow? I so want to enjoy this new place and feel like this is where we belong.
8. I love God - the bible seems dry to me right now.
9. Am I normal? Ha! Of course I am not normal!
10. Do girl friends love us better than husbands? Ummm...
11. Gosh, I am middle aged! Is this a mid-life crisis beginning?
The dump is over and I am moving on. Off to clean my house and work in the yard. Then some grocery shopping and a trip to Home Depot with my girl friend. I will hug her and thank her for catching all my "crap" this morning and loving me irregardless. She is a treasure.

3 comments:

Yellow bobby pins said...

oh, yeah! I love you irregardless! We're good a taking turns dumping....I think yesterday was my day.

Mind Madam said...

1. My body image. Sigh... Don't forget the "rockin' body" comment from the young visitor!!

2. What am I doing with my life. I want to touch lives. Am I?...More that you'll ever know! I couldn't have gotten through the Cantatas without seeing you up front!!

3. When will I feel like I have a place of "community" with a group of people? ...My crystal ball is on the fritz.

4. Cleaning my house. It always feels like such a chore. Do most women feel like that. I so could embrace a full time cleaning lady! ...I hired the Merry Maids a year ago, and I don't regret one cent of the cost!!! Yes, they pretty much just do the basics, but at least they're done!!

5. There is a lot going on at work right now. Do I have what it takes to do my job? ...Coach, stay focused; don't falter; and you'll do fine.

6. I am amazed at people who will not take one ounce of responsibility for their actions. Everyone else is always at fault. ...a touchy, hot-button for me, too!! E.g., the $700Billion bailout!!!!

7. Will we enjoy "church" tomorrow? I so want to enjoy this new place and feel like this is where we belong. ...I await your assessment.

8. I love God - the bible seems dry to me right now. ...even Jesus spent 40 days/nights in the desert!

9. Am I normal? Ha! Of course I am not normal! ...yes, we're all "normal" and yes, we're all exceptional.

10. Do girl friends love us better than husbands? Ummm... Love is magical; we couldn't live without its many aspects. I think our girlfriends understand us because we share similar perspectives. Our husbands have a gig of their own...which we probably don't understand/love very well, either. (Nah!)

11. Gosh, I am middle aged! Is this a mid-life crisis beginning? Whether or not it is, I'm on the cheering squad for the deeper journey you are on. Don't fear; just let yourself go beyond the familiar!

Love, Dramamama

Chrystie said...

1. My body image. Sigh... (I can completely relate...an all too familiar issue in my life

2. What am I doing with my life. I want to touch lives. Am I? Yet again, I completely relate...I have hit such a dry spell in my career and want desperately to get into ministry and writing my book


5. There is a lot going on at work right now. Do I have what it takes to do my job? I question my ability in sales all the time - especially since these tough economic times began

6. I am amazed at people who will not take one ounce of responsibility for their actions. Everyone else is always at fault. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves...

9. Am I normal? Ha! Of course I am not normal! Constantly question my sanity

10. Do girl friends love us better than husbands? Ummm...They just love us different and sometimes it feels better. Girlfriends love us in a soft, tender, accepting, comforting way - meeting us where we are - a way that probably only our girlfriends can -


Yet again, another post where I can totally relate to what you feel!