Monday, September 1, 2008

Random Thoughts...

1. I love shopping with my friend. I don't think I could really buy a thing without her. She knows what hangs well on me. We undressed a mannequin or 2 yesterday trying to find that sought after size 2. Calvin Klein.... Ann Taylor - all on sale!
2. A 21 year old saw me at the office this past week. He came in with a co-workers husband to drop off car keys. Once back in the elevator this 21 year old said to my coworkers husband, "who was the chick with the funkie hair and rockin' body"? Me!!?? I laughed so hard when I read that in am email the following morning. Though flattered, tell the 21 year old boy, I am 50 years old and could be his mama!
3. "Mom Judy's" email yesterday gave me a lot of "life". She is consistent in her love of me. She prays without ceasing. She encourages me with her words. She is a good example of how I want to be to my friends.
4. I was reading some old emails between Lauren and I from 2 years ago. We were then getting to know each other. She was covered up with anything that would protect her heart, and the friendship we were growing into would strip all that covering away. She got in touch with her heart and who she really was. It was a sweet, sweet time.
5. My parents are 75 and 86. They just got home from a bus trip to the Smokies. I chatted with both of them yesterday. They were so full of life and fun conversation. I am thankful they still get out to see the world and enjoy their days and live life. I want to be like that when I am older.
6. I love talking with Debbie Gee. She is one of the most hilarious people I know! She is unique.. and just oozes of herself. She doesn't have to do much to make me laugh! I just love her!
7. I love my yard. There is peace there. There are also a bunch of mushrooms in random places. Where and why do they decide to just pop up?
8. Jerry looks so awesome after 3 days of not shaving. I cannot convince him that he needs to look like this everyday!
9. I don't think I will shower today. I am comfortable in my favorite baggy shorts.. Nike T-shirt.. and a baseball cap. No gel for spiky hair... no make up. Just me being all natural.
10. Today is a day for naps..reading and some work.


No comments: