I am overwhelmed by non-stop work days that have been full of meetings, interviewing for a new position, paperwork and constant interruptions. We are now taking off for a long weekend visit with Jerry's Mom in Marion, IN. I am more than ready to sit on the plane and take a deep breath - a sigh of relief really and just enjoy some quiet and good reading. The flight is crowded. The plane is small. I am in the midde seat (there should never be middle seats!) with Jerry on one side of me and a very big man on the other. His arm is on the arm rest that we share. Clearly, he was in my space. The flight is noisy. I start reading my Leadership book and am soon distracted by the conversation going on behind me. 2 strangers talking non-stop. She is in cancer reseach. Whatever he does includes a lot of travel. Me... I am just trying to ready my book. I cannot focus. I am ADD. The big man is also very "techie". His hands and fingers are in constant motion. Flipping things... manuvering his Ipod or is it his blackberry... constant motion. There is also a small child that loves to scream - rather screech and make us all know that he is over tired and needs a nap, as his Mother explains. I think it is time for a little pill.
Jerry is reading The Shack, and can some how block out the world. Good for him. I am so distracted and amazed at the fact that everyone is not like me. Why do people have to talk and make so much noise? I just turned the page in my book, and I have no clue what I just read! The 2 behind me are still talking, but at least now I know why there is so much chatter. The woman is afraid to fly, so she talks. That helps her keep her mind off that fact that we are 34,000 feet in the air. So -I am still seeking quiet and alone time with my book... but thank you Jesus that I have my feet safely on the ground in IN.
2 comments:
Ah, friend! The joys of travel...One more day.
Haha! This post cracks me up! I know the feeling. In my singleness I really came to appreciate the beauty of silence!
Post a Comment