http://theshackbook.comI read the book The Shack.
It was full of love and grace, and a wonderful picture of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit without any of them being in a "box". They were so unlike what most of us view them to be... or rather, Him to be. Him and Him and Him. 3 in 1. You know.
I cried as I read the last chapters.
Mack was changed... he was deeply loved, and he embraced that love from Papa (God), so he was able to heal from the devastating hurt that occurred in his life.
But before healing could come, he had to feel and let out that pain with cries that came from deep, deep down inside of his soul. And he had to be in a safe place to do that.
We are all broken and need that same healing.
Mending the broken pieces has been a path I have chosen to walk in my life.
One piece at a time.
God has put back into place some pieces that were broken, and also rearranged some of those pieces.
Cracks are still visible, but I am whole.
I think that is why I cried.
I know the place where Mack was walking and it is overwhelming.
Tears must come, and as they flow the hurt - the pain - the thoughts of wishing you could do it over all wash away - there is a newness and love abounds.
You know and believe you are loved.
You know and believe that your life matters.
You know and believe that the pain is worth it.
You know and believe that you are healed.
It is so good.
2 comments:
Finished the book. Loved it. Reminded me that I so easily and frequently forget that God is in this life with me--intimately with me. So, I'm making an effort to talk to "Papa" more often. The day purrs along like the engine of an expensive automobile. Without communication and awareness of God's presence, the day keeps running out of gas and leaving me stranded! Am now on to the "nobodies" book and enjoying the author's writing style. I'm past the introduction(s). Love and Light to you, Susam
I am in the middle of this book now! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Post a Comment