work and leadership
The last few weeks have been so full of work overload that there has not been much room in my brain for creative writing... or expression. I miss that. My thoughts have to be very focused for all that I run with at work, and that leaves little energy for being in touch with any creative thinking. My thoughts and my feelings are random...cluttered...words don't come out in the right order and for the most part I feel like I am high octane running from work thought to another work thought. It is okay. I love my job... I know I am being stretched and learning much about leadership.
These qualities are being worked on in my life as I journey through my job:
- Competence: it is the leader's ability to say it, plan it, and do it in such a way that others know that you know how - - and know they want to follow you.
- Discernment: smart leaders believe only half of what they hear. Discerning leaders know which half to believe.
- Passion: Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you.
I am embracing the journey....
No comments:
Post a Comment