Saturday, August 16, 2008

His gentle correction...

This morning I woke up feeling somewhat "hung-over" from the busy work week. I was grateful to have been able to sleep past 6am, but still was not so sure I wanted to get out of bed. I finally pulled myself from the cozy environment of my sheets and pillow, and made my way downstairs to the coffee pot for some fresh brew. I plopped down in my favorite chair with coffee and my journal and begin writing. It had been a week! My work days are so full - I seem to be involved with everything going on there - I am being stretched - and it is okay. What is not okay is that I was not able to leave work at work once I left to come home for the evening. I was tight and in major work mode... making it very difficult for simple chit chat with my husband or my friend. I wanted to be left alone...I did not want to be asked questions about my day. I really wanted to come home and get back on email and keep working. That is crazy! Set it down KC! Walk away and it will all be there in the morning. So... I worked hard to let it go. I was able to do that towards the end of the week. How? I have to say it is a God thing. Often I ask him to help me "change" some kind of behavior that I know is not "good" for me or those around me... and I know I cannot do it. Then... I see that I have changed and I have to acknowledge that it was God doing his thing.. helping me walk in his ways and not mine. I am much more content and peaceful when my hand is clasped in his and my heart is open to his gentle correction.

No comments: