I can now say I have done the 50 thing.
I turned 50 on June 30th.
It did not hurt.
I still look the same and act the same.
I am not depressed.
It is okay.
But it took 6 months... or longer to get to that place of being okay with this aging process.
Getting older is a strange event.
One that we cannot stop,
and we can choose to embrace it or be depressed about it.
I allowed depression in this area for a season,
and that is only because I was already in a season of depression, so the aging thing just settled in nicely along side of my crappy mood.
What had I done with my life all these years.
I cannot live them over.
Have I made a difference at all in anyone's life?
Do I matter?
And what am I going to do now that I am older...
Blah blah blah
Medication has helped lift me from this pit.
Talking about my fear of aging with a dear friend has helped
loosen the grip of that hand that was tightly squeezing my heart,
and leaving it limp and without joy.
There is hope in every day I live.
Hope that I touch another life with my words,
my touch, my love.
I have no plans to do anything big. I have no script laid out to follow.
I walk in love and grace with my God and trust He uses me
as He desires....whether I am 50 or 31....or 51.
I try to live and love with an open hand and an open heart.
That is all I know how to do today.
And it is well with my soul.
2 comments:
I sigh deeply when I read these words....
You challenge me to live well.
You ARE challenging another life with your words. Mine. :)
Post a Comment