Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving too fast...

I run fast and hit things
I misjudge everything
I do not always think clearly
I hit things… by accident
I drop things and spill things,
I make messes...
I don’t mean to do these things…
It just happens.
I have not killed anyone,
but I have left “my” mark on several things.
My intentions for all that I do are usually pure,
and I do not mean to cause harm or frustration…
but sometimes I do.
The “wake” I leave sometimes brings with it the need to
repair.
So we repair.
I love nice things and do not mean to break them up.
So we repair.
I move fast through life and live deeply and with purpose,
and sometimes I just move too fast.
But it is me.
So we repair.
I don’t want to beat myself – but I will try to slow down.
And I will help repair.

1 comment:

Yellow bobby pins said...

Sigh! You and me both Friend!
Wipin' up ice....
Drippin' ice cream on the counter...
Leaving streaks on the wall from my jeans....
Spillin' coffee going up the stairs...