So, I woke up this morning and knew it was going to be a "PMS" kind of day. You know the kind. Your emotions are one moment what you call "normal" and the next minute you want to hit anyone or anything you can find and EVERY single word that comes out of your husband's mouth is irritating! My goodness he never talks this much until I am "this way" and then suddenly he wants to speak all of his stored up words that make me crazy! And why does he want to tap his hand up and down the music on the radio as he touches my leg? Just keep your hand in one place or move it! I finally tell him as we are riding on our way to church, that I am in "this way" and I love him, but I may not want to interact - talk very much with him today. I have learned this is important for our marriage.Church.
Why is it in church of all places I can be so challenged to love and be nice and feel happy about being some place to worship my God and pour all my admiration out for Him? So - first Jerry, my beloved husband decided to park in the area where EVERYONE parks at New Spring instead of where I like to park for an easy exit. I said nothing, but I can tell you that I burned on the inside fully realizing that my hormones were falling all over the floor of our car and running up the steering wheel and smacking Jerry in the face. But I said nothing. Really... I said nothing! Then we walked into the sanctuary and I thought Jerry was leading me down front to meet the pastor or ask to help lead worship, or maybe he thought I needed to sit in the front row so I would pay attention. Geez! Can we just sit down here!? We finally find our seat after walking over top of 20 people who refused to move their knees and gives us any wiggle room. Once seated all I could smell is used up already been inhaled cigarette smoke. Grrrr. I look at Jerry and he knows without asking that I want to move. The Queen is near explosion. We excuse ourselves and walk over top of 5 more people to make our way up the aisle and we both decide it would be a nice Sunday to try sitting in the back. We have found our spot! I take a deep breath and try to feel "normal". With that, comes the music to our count down (5 minutes until we start the service) and today that meant 5 minutes of very loud, rap music. What in the world are they thinking! Are we in the right place? Is this church? Again - I am "in a way"! Why do we go to this church. I hate church! I would have so enjoyed staying home and sitting in my chair all alone... drinking my coffee with my hormones all tucked away and reading. Alone! The music ends. Yeah... let's get through this. The lights go dim and there is quiet. The next sound is a very, very loud music note that jolts even Jerry - and then that is followed by other loud music notes and I just close my eyes and want to cry. I made it through the service. I know Pastor Perry said some good things. One that I particularly remember and am thankful for - God is our Father and He loves us no matter what. On a day when I am "that way", these are good words to hear.
1 comment:
This needs to be in a publication!! It is so honest. It can touch a thousand hearts; those women who are going through the same thing and think they are all mixed up.
Just an excellent piece. I'm overwhelmed!
Post a Comment