Wednesday, May 7, 2008

drifting...










Have you ever known someone who is drifting
unattached
not connected
alone
no safe place to land
no one that really knows you
no one that really looks at your heart and embraces your uniqueness
no safe place to love or be loved
I knew one like this, but she landed 2 years ago
I walked into her path
I found her heart behind several thick walls
she discovered a safe place
her heart is beautiful, unique, and now exposing who she really is
some pain and scars are housed there, like all of us
but she is anchored, yet free
she is not drifting
she is walking
she has come home

"cause you have been drifting for so long, I know you don't want to come down. But somewhere below you there's people who love you and they're waiting for you to come home please come home" - Sarah McLachlan

No comments: